- Responsible for event set-up and removal including staging, chairs, tables, etc.
- Responsible formaintaining professional attire, image, and demeanor at all times.
- Duties may vary under the direction of the reporting supervisor and are subject to change at any time with or without prior notice.
- Responsible for maintaining the Convention Center and limited grounds in a state of readiness and cleanliness.
- Responsible for building and maintaining working relationships with the other Authority employees, contractors, and clients of the Convention Center.
- Responsible forcleaning the facility’s interior and exterior including the following: cleaning floor surfaces including vacuuming, sweeping, scrubbing, etc.
- Responsible foroperating standard cleaning equipment.
- Responsible forcommunicating by-way of two-way radio.
- Responsible forattending all meetings and training sessions as required.
- Responsible forperforming other duties as requested.
- Basic knowledge of building maintenance.
- Good communication skills are required.
- High School Diploma, with 3-5 years experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Valid Drivers License.
- Must be able to drive manual transmission 18 foot box truck and operate a forklift.
- This position will be scheduled mostly evenings and weekends, however, employee must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, holidays, and weekends. This Work schedule is subject to change.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Midlands Authority for Conventions, Sports & Tourism
We want the whole world to know what makes Columbia SC so great. Think of us as the biggest cheerleader for the heart of South Carolina. We educate potential visitors about the region year-round with paid and earned media. We help strengthen the region’s economy by bringing millions of visitors annually. Our unified vision and strong identity stokes our shared sense of possibility and fosters pride among locals.
Midlands Authority for Conventions, Sports & Tourism was organized as the Midlands Regional Convention Center Authority, a South Carolina nonprofit corporation as of July 5, 2001. To better define the overall purpose and mission of the Authority the official name was changed effective September 12, 2003.
The mission of the Midlands Authority for Conventions, Sports & Tourism includes:
- Directing and managing the activities and mission of the Columbia Metropolitan Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- Overseeing the development and operation of the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center under a long-term management agreement for the benefit of the Governmental Entities: City of Columbia, Lexington County and Richland County.
- Directing and managing the activities and mission of the Columbia Regional Sports Council (also known as Experience Columbia SC Sports).
- Directing and managing the operation of the Columbia Regional Visitors Center.
On August 24, 2001, the Authority became the Supervising Member for the Columbia Metropolitan Convention & Visitors Bureau (also known as Experience Columbia SC) and on May 14, 2002, the Columbia Regional Sports Council became a partner in the regional marketing efforts.
The Midlands Authority for Conventions, Sports & Tourism Board consists of nine members; five representing the City of Columbia, two representing Lexington County and two representing Richland County.
The President and Chief Executive Officer of the Midlands Authority for Conventions, Sports & Tourism will oversee the operation and management of all responsibilities delegated to the Authority by the Board. The current President & CEO is Bill Ellen.
Midlands Authority for Conventions, Sports & Tourism is committed to the principles of equal employment. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation, because of age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. Midlands Authority for Conventions, Sports & Tourism is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regards to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
Company Website: www.experiencecolumbiasc.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)